Saturday, February 10, 2018

Same old story.

WOW, it must be true, as you get older time really does fly by.

I really don't know where time is going these days. I am so looking forward to longer days.I am done with dark mornings and evenings. Id also like to see some blue skies and sunshine.

Life has been the usual round of work and home-life. The only thing that's different is that its my Birthday Month.Celebrations started at the beginning of the month with a meal out with friends, then hubs surprised me last weekend with this


Oh my, it was fab. Loved every minute of it. Sneaky chap that he is arranged to accidentally bump into some other Friends for another meal out.Sadly hes working all this weekend, which is my birthday weekend, he doesn't get as much leave as me so it just felt silly to take a days leave just because its my birthday, I've had loads, its ok.  Next weekend I will be setting off to Cornwall, there's a surprise ! So this weekend is a quiet one with the boys.

Speaking of which no 1 son went out ' down town' clubbing with his work mates last night and still hasn't arrived home. Its the first time he hasn't come home and I am not sure when you need to start worrying, well seriously worrying, [I am already worrying]. Hes almost 20, I know, chill out. 

Craftwise, not much occurring, despite only have a 1 inch rib section left to finish my Lundy sweater I have become addicted to this


a sock yarn scrappy blanket. Takes me about an hour to knit 1 square, am using my advent calendar mini's and odd scrappy bits of sock yarn. I love it. So much so haven't even picked up anything else. This is probably going to take until next winter to finish !

On the green front, hubs did the food shop last week, sticking to our reduce waste and shop local guidelines. I have to say its working, our recycle bins and bag were much reduced on collection day this week. This weekend I do not need to get much shopping as we still have loads left! The only thing we need to change is to stop eating meat daily, we did go a bit overboard using the butchers! Financially I don't think we are saving money, but that wasn't our goal, it would be nice, but I think we have a way to go on that front and with 3 males in my house food does seem to disappear at a rate of nots !

I'm signing off now as am distracted by my lack of no 1 son...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...