Saturday, August 11, 2018

Hexham weekend.

Yep, another weekend away, this is the summer of adventuring.

We were lucky enough to be invited to a family wedding at Hexham Abbey.

Wow.. what can I say it was an amazing wedding. I wont be sharing wedding pics, limiting family identifiable content and all.

But what I can share is a few pics I took during a wonderful weekend. I only wish we had had more time to explore the area. We did a Friday drive to and Monday drive back, averaging 5 hrs each way, Saturday was the wedding, and Sunday was an extended family day. We did manage a brief stop at a section of Hadrian's wall on the way home, rubbish pics so will not be sharing any of those!

The Abbey itself was stunning, you might have guessed by now I love old buildings, churches especially. Seems to have been a bit of a theme this summer. There's another Abbey related post to come.












Actually having a day at home today, what  joy. Off out to adventure tomorrow, but today is all about catching up on housework and laundry, and some RnR for me. I may even find some time to catch up on blog reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...