Saturday, September 8, 2018

Phew.

What a summer.
(Warning, this is a long post with lots of pics)

I can't recall ever having done so much in such a short space of time.
We have been away every weekend and squeezed an 8 day holiday to Brittany into our summer. Knackered is an understatement. I think I gave up trying to keep up with myself on the blog so you'll just have to believe me when I said we all had a fab time.






Yep, traditional English summer in Cornwall!








No 2 son has just turned 18 !
what, how the heck did that happen.
We had a lovely family meal out ' down town' and then went for a couple of drinks on the harbour side, not that no 2 son drinks !



And now, here I am, the first weekend that I have at home with no plans since way back in July.
I plan on do lots of faffing about, and getting back into the swing of life.

This time of year is always feels more a fresh start than new years to me, years of living by the academic calendar, its the time we knuckle down and make plans for the coming year, and boy what plans do we have

This is no 2 sons very last year at school as next year he will be heading off to uni Sadly for him he was a September baby so missed a whole school year by a few days. He's currently deciding which uni's he wants to apply for and has narrowed down the course he wants to do.
I'm quite glad he's a September baby as it means I have him at home for a whole other year.
I have introduced him to the joys of public transport rather than mums taxi service which is making life a lot simpler for me.

This morning we dropped no 1 son at work as he had an early start, then no 2 son and I went for breakfast before we hit the mall, he wanted to spend some of his birthday money and who I am to refuse a shopping trip with my baby !

First up I hit WH Smiths, I had an urge for a new diary and notebook, yep, sadly a stationary lover.

I am trying to cut down the weight in my commute back pack, currently I use large hardback notebooks so am trying a lighter weight paper backed notebook. we will see , not sold on it but it is pretty,( underneath the diary). The diary is great, I like to have the days of the week down the left page and a blank page on the right so I can get my lists done, its also got sections for yearly planning and notes alongside the usual calendars and contact sheets. I would really love to be one of these creative artistic Bujo journaler's, but I just don't have the time, so its basic lists for me. Works just fine.

Then I Waterstones, now I am a public transport commuter I have the luxury of reading twice per day, undisturbed.


I am really enjoying going back into a book store and buying real books, for some reason I don't like reading from the kindle on the bus? I do pick up from charity stores if I can see some, but the ones near me don't seem to have so many any more. Maybe because more people are reading on line?

And then I went into the Disney store and bought this


yep, another notebook, but I really needed this to plan for our next holiday
can you guess where we are going?

Its a biggy, a joint 18th & 21st birthday treat for the boys and a last family holiday before they start to leave our nest, ( no 1 son is already doing his own holiday thing with his mates)

I've booked to go to DISNEY WORLD (and universal of course)(staying off site with car),
I am so excited, I have put this off for so long saying its to expensive, but I finally broke, and now I am being a great big kid!

Right, I am now going to go grab a coffee and do some blog reading catching up !
Have a fabulous weekend what ever you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...