Sunday, September 30, 2018

Fluff.

I finally got around to fixing my spinning wheel. Now the autumn is here my crafting thoughts re most definitely returning to yarn based crafts! 

I haven't spun for ages and totally regret selling my nice wheel. I now have 2 that are 2nd hand finds but neither of them 'fit'. I am now saving for a new wheel!

Anyway, I really want to start spinning again, so snuck onto etsy and managed to find some little 20g batts to start me off




These are from Spin Jones, (I will admit to having a bit of a fluff crush on spin Jones), the cost £4 each and I love them.

First up was the gorgeous ditsy batt



 what a mess! totally over spun, tension very wrong..
gave it a soak and a weighted dry and its sort of usable, for what I don't know..

Next up we tried sea breeze



slightly better, but still not quite right.
Then finally onto the last little batt




Much better, still a bit crinkly but for a single its ok.

Then when the little batts were gone, what was I to do but grab some more, this is where my crush comes in.. back to spin Jones. I have to say her batts are gorgeous, almost so beautiful to spin.
This is what I bought 2nd time around.





  3 large sets and 2 more little batts.
Oh My
can you see why I am in love?
The pics don't really do them justice.

I couldn't wait and grabbed 'Paradise Gardens to go straight on the wheel


how beautiful are those colours. I am aiming to do a 2 ply fingering/ DK weight and then knit up a cute little hat for the cold season. Sadly after 2 days back at work my back was screaming at me, so yesterday was a sofa reading day. Hoping today I may get a little spinning in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...