Wednesday, September 26, 2018

WIP wednesday.

As with most knitters I have a few projects on the go. Trouble is I'm not really feeling any of them.
I seem to be a bit stuck with them all and need to get some finished  to clear the way.

From memory, I really don't want to open the WIP box, I have 2 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 2 blankets, 2 pairs of socks and 1 shawl left to finish. I did actually manage to get one project off of  the needles last night (which I will share later in the week). I'm pretty sure there are some really old WIPS hidden away too.

This week I am going to focus on finishing 1 more project, The 2 that I have chosen for this week are:


This started off as a Patronus shawl, but then I decided I didn't want the lace sections and I didn't want it as big, These are really snug to wear and a great pattern to follow, you only need 2 skeins of contrasting fingering weight yarn, I have used a couple of band less skeins from stash, no idea what they are or where they came from. The deep red definitely has silk in it. I will back track old blog to see if I ever blogged about them. They are gorgeous and definitely came from an indi dyer somewhere ! Each skein would probably have cost  on average £15-£17, but there will be left overs to use for something else. I am a sucker for pretty yarns. A yarnoholic you could say.

Here's one of the 2 I knit  previously so you can get an idea of what it should look like. Mine most definitely will be a variation of this !


the one above was bought as a kit from Norah George Yarns, one of my favourite indi dyers, if you like lovely hand dyed yarn, go check her out.

Then I am determined to get a pair of socks off of the needles. My goal for today, as I'm still on sick leave (creaky back)(back to work tomorrow), is to get the first sock off of the needles and the 2nd one on. The chosen socks are


a pair of basic vanilla socks, I have knit loads of pairs of socks so pretty much know how to knit them for my feet. This is a Regia yarn, a great staple sock yarn  70% wool and 30 % polyamide. They usually retail about £10 pr 100g ball. This is one of the Kaffe Fassett colourways, colour 03772, Sugared Almonds.   If the weather men are right, then this is going to be a cold winter so I'm going to need snug wool socks on my feet.

7 days, 2 projects, how much am I going to get done? I will stick a marker on so that I can review next Wednesday, hopefully at least one will make it off the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...