Thursday, September 27, 2018

Sock yarn additions.

As a knitter you can never have too much yarn, which is a good thing as I keep getting tempted. This does worry me slightly as when I downsize I need to insure that I still have a monthly yarn budget,

First up I bought this funky set


actually it was 2 separate purchases as I bought the orange in addition, to do contrasting heels/toes.
This is a self striping yarn, 2 x 50g skeins from Fab Funky Fibres. I have been lusting after a set of these yarns as just love self striping yarn. They are pricy, £31.50 for the set, so a very rare treat, bought from my pay rise back pay [thanks NHS]. The little mini pop was £4. This pair of socks will be for me.. who would appreciate hand dyed socks in a gorgeous wool as much as me?

Next up was this cute set


From Little French Meadow, part of her strictly colour ways. This one is called 'its a disaster darling', It cost £14.00 Absolutely love this and this is destined as a pair of little ankle type socks, again for me..

And the last addition to my sock yarn family is this little beauty,


Stranded dyeworks Christmas colourway ' Naughty List'. This was £20 , if I remember correctly.
This skein is planned for my Christmas eve cast on. I have yet to find the pattern .

I love my new additions but did go over my yarn budget, think I need to review the budget and stick to just 1 skein a month, on the understanding that I have knit up at least one skein from my stash !

My argument is that when we do downsize, crafting goodies may have to go by the wayside for a while, so at least if I have a large stash I wont be without yarns. Pretty good argument I think. Stock up whilst I can. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...