Saturday, October 6, 2018

Catching up.

Where has the week gone? Time just seems to be running away from me.
I've still had a lingering back pain and tummy issues which have made me feel yuk. But I was back at work and grinning through it. I've reduced my food intake and have cut out foods that I think upset my tummy and so far it seems to be working, I've actually had 2 reasonable nights sleep these past 2 nights.

I made it back to my 2nd silver smithing course and finished my ring.


I am so pleased with it, not bad for a first attempt. Next up is a pendant, I'll try to take some pics at the next class, although I do feel a bit of an idiot as no one else seems to take pics of their work.

I've managed to get halfway through my Mark Manson book


I'm really enjoying it, its certainly getting me to look at things a different way and I love seeing the looks on peoples faces on the bus when they clock the title !

I've been knitting up a storm in the evenings, managed to get 1 sock off of the needles and have cast the next on


Looks a bit weird but I can assure you it fits fine, just needs a wash and a block.

My shawl is now off of the needles but its raining and dull here so cant get a good pic, here's the pic you should have had on Wednesday had I actually managed to do a WIP Wednesday post


I will be honest, I am glad I got this off of the needles, its been loitering for too long and I fell out of love with it. Pretty sure after a wash and block it will be fine. 

My goal this week is to get the 2nd sock done and then go pull out another WIP to finish, the yarn and pattern book came for the Cornwallis, and I am just itching to cast this on.


I bought Drops cotton merino, (it was  cheaper) and the colours are calling me to cast on. So far I have managed to resist. I have my Carbeth cardigan to finish and my sheltered poncho to finish, both garments that I really want to wear, this will be cast on after that though,

Wonder how quick I can knit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...