Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Hello October.

Hello October.

I love this month, I love the changing colours, the chill in the air and wrapping up in layers.
We have a couple of life 'social'  things to look forward to this month, but other than that I want to start to snuggle in for winter.

The start of the month always sees me planning, I do love to plan and write lists! I am a very goal based person, I need to have things to aim for or else I just drift aimlessly. Winter is a time that especially draws to my inner couch potato

First up is to sort out my books, I have just finished reading Sally Red shoes


and loved it. Its the story of a mothers grief and how she finds her way back to life through meeting 2 extraordinary women. I loved the characters in this book, they are the sort of people I would love to meet. I enjoyed the writers style and the descriptors and scene setting. Its not a  fast paced book, it rumbles along, It was a book that I was able to pick it up and put it down . I had sort of guessed the ending about 2/3rds through, it didn't spoil it, but I would have liked a bit more depth to the end of the story. Its difficult too say to much without ruining it if you want to read it.

I have piles of books to be read, but am in a bit of a dither. I bought a whole heap of non fiction books to read and haven't really touched them,


so October is about trying to read at least 1 of them.

The choice from the pile is:


This is my commute read, I did start this a while back and then put it back on the shelf, If I don't crack it this time its off to the charity shop.

The following  2 will be my bedside reading books, pick up and put down style:

I've been following The fat of it, a women I admire, and she has read a ton of books and this was one of them. Thought I'd give it a go. I'm still trying to address the body thing, diets just don't work for me so I am trying to figure out how to adapt to a healthier way of eating whilst loving the body I have. That includes wearing what the hell I want to, without fear of fat shaming !. Anyway enough of that this is a crafty blog !

Then lastly, just because I liked the look of this book in Waterstones is this little beauty.



So that's books sorted, onto crafting.

Knitting wise I am still trying not to cast on anything else till I get at least half my projects off the needles. It's so tough, I really want to cast this


I might have ordered the pattern book and yarn, (I did opt for a cheaper yarn) hopefully it will take a while to arrive and I can continue to focus on getting the selected 2 knitting projects from last week off of the needles. One of the main goals this month is to not spend any more money on anything craft or book related, no wool, no fluff, no books, no nothing. Zip, zero, Zilch...

The 2 knitting projects that were chosen last week as wips to finish are still on the needles, (you'll get a WIP Wednesday post to update you)

Have done a fair few rows of this so it may well come of the needles this week.


Haven't touched these at all !

Hoping at least the shawl will be off the needles this week and sock no 2 cast on.
I'm going to be good and not set my self any other craft goals this month, I want to focus on getting the knitting out of the way as its starting to bug me. I want to try being a monogamous knitter for once, not a fickle hand in many project bags type of gal !

I did have a bit of a Eureka moment whilst watching Joanna Lumley's Silk Road journey last week, as to why I think I am stuck in a rut with my crafting. (This blog post is already way to long to go into it now. )I'm really enjoying this series,( I will admit to a fan girl crush with Joanna) , how fab is she. I never tire of watching of her. This particular series is really inspiring me, I love learning about the different the cultures and  how they influenced the places along the silk route, Fascinating stuff as is Michael Palin in North Korea, Great to have a couple of programmes to watch and knit along to! I am trying to reduce the amount of crap I get sucked into watching on the TV, but do need a bit of TV knitting throughout the week.

So here's to a good new positive month, and a fond farewell to September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...