Wednesday, October 10, 2018

WIP Wednesday.

Happy Wednesday, halfway through the week and the weekend is in sight.  The weather has been glorious here, such a shame I have had to be sat in an office, but the early morning commute has been lovely.

This week saw class 3 of my silversmithing course and I am onto a new project. A pendent. The next project is a chain so though I might as well have something nice to hand from it.


The previous week I had drawn up my design, it may look simple but I am no artist, took a while to get the shape right. Then came the cutting out


Not bad for a first attempt. Spent a while smoothing off the edges and the inner heart


then it was onto the design


really not happy with it, luckily nothing is attached as yet, time to change tack, I find it quite difficult translating my idea to the object as I have no idea how the process goes.I have a week to rethink how I am going to get a wave like design on the flat surface, its meant to represent my love of the sea ! Any silver smiths out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...