Saturday, July 18, 2015

Whoosh....

I cant believe how my weeks seem to disappear
another week and no blogging
shame on me

Last Sunday was a stay at home type of day, raining and blooming knackered from all my gallivanting about
we just poddled about nothing to report there.

Then Monday it was up and out to bath with my friend
First thing was getting the local train up to the main station, I love getting trains, whilst I was waiting I popped outside and took  a peak at 2 more Shaun's






I just love them...

Hitting bath we decided to grab a bun at Sally Lunns, never been there before, my friend assured me it was gert lush!


There's a little museum downstairs that's free to enter, all the history of the building


and the little cafe is gorgeous, I forgot to take a pic of the bun but be assured it was scrumptious, worth a visit if you are ever in Bath, be warned there is usually long ques to get in!

Breakfast complete we headed out to explore, my friend is a regular visitor so we skipped all the high street stores and went in search of the arty stuff!

We walked for miles, its such a lovely city


after a quick lunch we set out again, my poor feet!
I was very good at resisting the temptation to buy gorgeous goodies, only splashing out on a cute piece of fabric


absolutely no idea what I will make with it, its just fun and I like it,
along the way we had a few beverage pit stops and before I knew it it was time to head home


it was a long but fun day, I rarely have shopping trips with girlfriends and its great to see what we each like we have very different tastes, great for picking up gift ideas.

I didn't manage to get home till around 8pm, not good on a school night, then Tuesday it was back to it, full on work mood, just not enough time in the day.

Evenings have been spent kitting out the camper, we are ready to set off now, so this morning I have booked our first trial night away, for us to try out the van before we head off for a holiday and also to see how no 1 son copes at home on his own.

I chose somewhere local'ish,  Petruth Paddocks,they call themselves free range camping, basic site, quiet looking forward to a night away and will get to explore Cheddar too!

Now all I need to do is make it to next weekend!, sure that wont be a problem, my weeks seem to vanish, at least I don't have the school runs to do for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...