Sunday, July 19, 2015

Grrrrrrrrrr

Yesterday hubs and no 2 son were out at Fairford airshow, no 1 son was sleeping as he had done a hard days work at the zoo then had an all nighter watching sport on the TV.

I had planned a sewing day, I need a few sleeveless tops for our summer camping trips, before I move on to more challenging patterns!

I decided to use the sew and sew pattern I used in May to make the sleeveless version, 


with my lovely fun fabric, cool cotton just the thing



Machine out, set up ready to go.......
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
The damn machine kept coming unthreaded

I have absolutely no idea what I am doing wrong, I have read the manual again, asked for advice on good old Facebook, a sewing group I belong too, but no, it had a mind of its own..

After about 3-4 hours I did manage to get a completed top , It fits really well and I love it, 
excuse the pic, the top hasn't been washed and pressed yet, I did shorten the body to get a higher neck line


It is even its just the angle I took the pic from, I did a rolled hem on all edges, no faffing about with this top, cut it out, sew it up, easy peasy, well it would have been if the machine had worked with me!

I am doing 1 more of these in some funky crepe material, its all cut out ready to go, maybe I'll try the machine again today, then its on to try something else, not sure what though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...