Saturday, May 13, 2017

50th Friendaversary.

Last weekend saw my oldest friend and I celebrate 50 years of friendship.There have been ups and downs and periods where we didn't see much of each other, but we have always been there for each other. Shes the sort of friend that when you do meet up, its like you only saw each other yesterday. To celebrate this anniversary we decided to take a weekend away together, We had planned a weekend in London but changed the venue to Birmingham. We haven't been away together since we were in out teenage years so it was a gamble as we decided to share a twin room. Snoring and insomnia apart we had a fab time.I wont go into details about the snoring [me] or the insomnia [her].

We planned the weekend in advance as we had managed to get tickets for a concert that she wanted to see, it was also her Birthday treat from her Dad.  We went to see TAKE THAT...no I am not embarrassed, they are great performers and the Genting arena was a great venue. I have to say most of the audience was women of a certain age, there were a few husbands that had been dragged along but generally a female audience. Oh my, what can I say, we had a fabulous time, the concert was great, a real show, there was just so much to see, it was so well done, the dancers were extraordinary and the stage sets were fab, it helped that they had a circular central stage and the venue was not one of these huge venues where you cant see a thing, we had an amazing seat.  If you ever have the opportunity to see one of their shows go for it, there is so much to see. I'm not a huge Take That fan but I thoroughly enjoyed the night and definitely want to see them again.

we shopped and ate and partook of a few beverages and walked miles !! I have to say the transport system in Birmingham is amazing, as was the shopping. I was totally knackered when we eventually got home.








I did do rather a lot of shopping, next to the arena was an outlet venue, most of the items were for our upcoming holiday,[bought for hubs too],but there was a VANS store, oh dear, I have wanted some VANS for ages, but refused to pay silly prices for footwear for me, BUT.....they were so cheap I bought 2 pairs.The total was less than you would pay for 1 pair of VANS and these will last me years.

Having 2 weekends away in succession have totally wiped me out, So much so that yesterday I took a days annual leave so that I could get the ironing and housework done! it needed to be done for my sanity. My little pink escape den had become overflowing with 'stuff' so much so I just couldn't do anything in there. I feel so much better now that I have cleared my little den.It also means that I still have 2 weekend days to enjoy and relax in before I have to go back to work on Monday.

My plans for this weekend include a haircut and some more knitting on this little beauty



I am addicted to this project, all others have been cast aside..The yarn is fab, the pictures don't do the colours justice,it is such an easy pleasant knit. Just what I need this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...