Saturday, November 11, 2017

Wips...

This is the final WIP post, I was going to try to do these in separate posts, but it's not going to happen. I really want to be 1 of those people that can blog every day, but with an average commute time of 45 minutes each way and a full working day, when I get home I really don't want to crank up the computer again.

So here are the final WIP's


Really not sure about this sweater, I love the pattern, its Fast Forward , by Veera Valimaki. 
The pattern is just a 1 colour strip, stupidly I thought it would be great to have 2 colour stripes, which means I have a lovely little line running down its length where i have to swap and carry colours, the second problem is the yarn, I love alpaca but I'm not really liking this sweater in this yarn, am thinking that this is going to be ripped out. 



Am loving this sweater, its Boxy,  by Joji Locatelli. 2 strands of laceweight held together. The multi coloured yarn was from one of my friends for my 50th Birthday. 


Its gorgeous but I just cant knit laceweight. I have felt really guilty about this yarn and just couldn't find a pattern I liked , then I had the brain wave of adding a strand of laceweight mohair, and boom, a light fingering weight yarn. Now were talking. I saw this sweater on Amy Florences podcast and thought I'd give it a go. Its mohair,its tickly,  but this is an ideal pattern for throwing on over a long sleeve t-shirt. Am thinking beach days and camping trips.



Ok, mass produced yarn, its an acrylic knit, but I am no yarn snob and I cant really afford to purchase whole sweater weights of  designer hand dyed yarns. 

But do you know what I love this yarn, its so soft and squooshy, and its a DK yarn.. I love the colours too. This is going to be a cardigan, its from the stylecraft  batik elements range, pattern no 9404. Pretty sure I am going to buy some more of this yarn.


And finally, my Pavement sweater, Love this sweater, love this yarn. 





I only bought this colourway because its called' Lundy' which is one of my favourite places to go to and escape.


The colours pretty much match the island 


I only need to get the sleeves done on this beauty and then its done. This will most defiantly be worn when we visit next year. 

There are 3 other projects hidden in storage boxes that I forgot about too.


another cardigan, just needs the sleeves and edge band done, think I might pull this back out actually.  knit in stylecraft DK, pattern is Blue Sand, by la Maison Rililie. 

Then this cute blanket


Just little granny squares crocheted in a merino baby wool, , this will probably stay in its little basket for now.

And finally


Really don't like the colour combo of this at all, the hook size is also too big so its a bit loose, might just bin this and start again, in more vibrant colours, I have a whole stylecraft DK stash in a box.

So there's my WIP round up. 
Today I may just start on the sleeves of my Lundy sweater, but I have a yearning to sew.... now there's a whole other stash hidden in a box...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...