Monday, April 30, 2018

What a bargain.

Yay for the last day of April.


This year is zooming by, but I have to say I am looking forward to May.
Lots of nice things planned and hopefully some brighter weather, since our glorious few days of Sun its been gloomy and wet. But the Daff's looked pretty with raindrops.

The weekend didn't go as planned, no 2 son went out all day and night on Friday, not getting home till just before 3am, so when I called him at 6.30 am to set off to Plymouth, he was none too keen ! I do have to say that this is a one off, he rarely goes out at night, I was a tad worried, but they missed the last bus and ended walking back to the cinema and tried to call a cab, luckily he had the foresight to call me and let me know, but I was sat worrying till he got home. The joys of motherhood eh !

The positive to this change of plan was that I didn't have any other plans so decided to sit and knit as hubs was at a beer festival with his friends, and I was blooming knackered after spending most of the night awake waiting for him to come home. I finally managed to pick up my carbeth cardigan , joined the sleeves to the body and am now knitting up a storm. I will try and get some pics to share.

Sunday, hubs and I went off in search of a picture and radiator cover for the downstairs office which he has just finished painting. The colour is a bit of a bold statement,


In real life its a more deeper teal emerald, I love it. We have painted all the walls this colour ! luckily it does get a lot of light through its little window and its a reasonable sized room. Its brightened up with accessories and actually feels quite warm and snug. Very pleased with it.

We didn't manage to find a picture, I was after a large colourful Buddha, so dragged hubby to B&M as they have pictures so thought it worth a try,. They had loads but not what I was after, but I did find the bargain of the year


11 rolls of wallpaper at 10p a roll !! yep, you heard right, even the cashier looked amazed.

This is destined for the hallway, we are slowly redecorating and freshening up the house, but as we are planning on selling up next year don't want to spend a fortune.

[I know what you are thinking why  on earth did they paint a full room in dark green when they are planning to sell?, well we still have to live here, and it may take ages to sell up.]

Anyway, back to the wallpaper, its not what I would have chosen had I gone out to buy wallpaper, but actually its quite sweet. We have a dado rail in the hallway so it will be on the top half of the walls and am just contemplating whether to paint the lower part of the walls a silver grey like the branches, or the deep magenta colour in the centre of the flower. I'm thinking probably the more subtle grey ! then maybe a grey fleck carpet for the stairs?  In all honesty I would love the magenta !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...