Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Catching up.

Weekend goals:



Yeah, I made the pinny !
little wobble on the top edge but pretty pleased with it, came out quite well. No 2 son is the model !

No 2 son and I made a cake


Red velvet & sprinkles. We haven't done this for ages, it was nice to do something with him. 

I ripped back my sweater sleeve ( only the mustard section ) and started again


only to realise that I have made another error, and to be honest I cant deal with ripping a whole sleeve! the main body finishes on a grey stripe, as should the sleeves, but I've ended up on a white, given the shaping in the sleeve I have obviously done some miscalculating or the pattern is wrong? , but I am just going to roll with it and hope the 2nd sleeve matches this one... I am done with this sweater, I love it but I'm frustrated and just want it done !

I did do the 3rd section on my Oceania but I've not had chance to take a pic in decent light. 

Work bag sorted, got rid of the laptop case and am just chucking the laptop in that, downsized everything I carry and am just about managing. The locker at work is still an issue as cant fit laptop in, still need to work on that as dont want to have to carry it in and out everyday if I dont need to.

That weight thing.
It has still been more of a miss than a hit, but I am noticing a big improvement in my eating habits in my new job , and have lost 3 lb since my last weigh in. Altogether that's 5lb. Not bad just need to keep the rhythm going now. 

Reading.
I am so loving commuting, I get to read everyday.  I am currently reading the winternight trilogy and loving it. Totally different to my normal reads and am now on book 2


it's a magical Russian folklore tale, set in deep midwinter, full of magic and monsters. I love it.  

Scrabble.
I've become addicted to a Scrabble app, I am playing daily against the computer! ( using my phone though), getting better and learning new words daily, despite it being the English dictionary version I am sure the computer is making up words, I have been known to go check them out, darned computer is always right though!


And that's it, I'm back in the work week and still juggling that work life balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...