Sunday, March 24, 2019

Productive plans.

Last week I had grand plans to get the sewing machine out and make a tunic.
I had the fabric and the pattern, and that's as far as it got.


The Arum dress.

A simple pattern with no sleeve fitting { hate setting sleeves}

Had the butterfly fabric but decided I dont like it any more { taste has changed}{ trouble with stashing},so nipped to Fabric land and bought some cheap cotton, £3.99 pr metre , cant go wrong.


I am definitely moving towards blues and greens.
And there it sat, all week, whilst I stressed about the job.

Enough, today I got up off my worry chair and cut the pattern out. Yes I am a pattern cutter, as I am a large lady if I ever lose weight its easy enough to cut it down if I want to make another. The fabric has been washed, all it needs is an iron and I am ready to cut it out. I have bought a rotary cutter and a lovely pink cutting board, I even bought matching threads! There really is no excuse now not to get at least one done, I am thinking I may start with the Peacock fabric.  Strange that both fabrics I choose had a bird theme.

Garden planning was also on the agenda today, we headed down to a lovely little garden centre in Bristol, boy was it busy all you need is some sun and everyone is out buying plants. I understand why, its a great little garden centre with a great cafe, they were queuing out of the door so we missed out on a coffee.  The garden centre also has a great view down the river into the city centre



I love the colours of the houses alongside the river, then we had a lovely drive home along  under the bridge.No matter how many times I drive along here I always enjoy it, no matter what the weather. This is also my commute route so I generally get to see the bridge most days !


During the hound years our garden was a dog playground, nothing survived, not event the grass. Now we are houndless we have started to plant again. We have loads of pots and a veg patch but nothing else. We had a dead corner that we have now cleared of Junk and I really wanted something that would bring some colour. I did want a  tree but as we are only going to be here 1-2 more years didn't want to spend a fortune.  We ended up with a trailing white hydrangea which will be planted in the corner at the end of the garden and a small white magnolia which will go in a large blue pot. That will be taken with us when we move. Hoping to get them planted later. Strange that I wanted a pop of colour but choose white!

Now I am going to go enjoy the rest of the sunshine whilst waiting for everyone else to come home. Sunday afternoons are for piano lessons and granddad visiting !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...