Monday, April 8, 2019

Settling.

I am now into week 6 of the new job and finally things are starting to make sense. 
I have a clearer idea of where the job will be going and what I need to do to get there. I am feeling more confident that I made the right choice to swap jobs. As a bonus I managed to buy an extra 5 days leave from the staffs benefit system which makes me very happy. 

Talking of holidays, we've now paid off the Florida trip and are counting down the days. From being sceptical about the trip I am now really excited. I am addicted to watching you tube videos and am overflowing with ideas of where to go and what to do when we get there, needs to be a mix between the parks and general touristy stuff. Anyone who has been there please feel free to make suggestions, I would like to do stuff other than Disney and Universal.

Craft-wise I have  been in a bit of a slump, not really achieved much but have managed to spin up the winter jasmine from spin Jones, aiming to get this plied tomorrow night.


Loving the little nubs in this one.  The fibre had a little gradient to it some have spun it from opposite ends to try and get a non gradient yarn. Does that make sense?



Reading has slowed down as I have been using the car more as have been out and about at meetings.
Not sure what I want to read at the moment, nothing was grabbing me from the bookshelf so went to the Charity shop and grabbed a selection of books during my lunch break. 


Might start with the Queen of bloody everything !

I'll leave you with some great artwork






How fab are they? I am a convert to graffiti art and luckily for me my home city has loads ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...