Monday, April 29, 2019

Back to routine and reading.

Back to work today and I sadly enjoyed getting back into a routine.

This job is so much calmer, first day back after leave and I wasn't swamped or stressed, even though I had a very full inbox. It was exceptionally quiet in the office for a Monday, which was actually really nice, I could just get on with it in my own time. 

Back to work means back to commuting, which means reading time ! no 1 son bought me a waterstones voucher for mothers day and during my weeks break I popped into spend it.

I love books ! Especially books with great covers, they just draw me in.

Over the weekend I started Alice



wow, I loved this book so much. Its quite a dark interpretation of the story, quite violent and graphic in places but it got me hooked. It is quite a twisted portrayal of Alice and other characters such as the rabbit and the caterpillar. I couldn't wait for book 2 so I went straight on to Amazon and bought the 2nd part



Which I am just about to start !

Be warned with Alice there were references to sexual assaults and abuse of females which could be graphic, dont read it if you are squeamish. I wont say too much as dont want to give the story away, but its part of the dark place that Alice finds herself in.

I am really pleased that I challenged myself to read different genres this year. I  can see my taste changing and surprised my self by my choice of books.That's one of the things I like about waterstones, there's always at least one staff member who has read  one of the new releases. I know its all part of the sell but I like being told about books I might not otherwise read. Its certainly getting me to try new things. Circe is next up after I have read the red queen. Greek mythology? whatever next !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...