Sunday, April 14, 2019

Weekending.

Thought it about time to get back into weekending.
I'm pretty much settled in to the new job so new routines are getting established. I am feeling less stressed and drained and actually finding energy from somewhere. I now need to start getting my weekends back for fun things, not using household chores. 

Friday night was straight out from work to meet friends ' in Town'. We ate early then went to a magic and comedy show . It was set in a pub where they had sectioned off the back section, it almost felt like you were sat in someones lounge. Small and cosy. It was great fun though. Despite leaving town relatively early we went back to theirs and I didn't end up getting home until 2am ! what ? me? my boys were shocked. I am very much a home bod, but one of my goals this year was to say yes more.

Despite the late night I was up and about early as always. I do like that time of day when everyone else still sleeps. Its so peaceful. I generally read or knit. Yesterday the sun was shining it promised to be a lovely day.


 For some strange reason I got a gardening urge.very unlike me. Hubs mowed, junior dug the veg plot and I trimmed / pruned my Hydrangea Bush and olive tree. During which I managed to get a lineful of laundry out and then decided on cleaning windows! what ever next.

Hubs and the boys were out last night, rugby & curry night, so I was home alone. Thought it about time to put some thought to our Orlando Holiday and try and get a loose plan of what parks to go to and when. Were heading out in July so its going to be busy and very hot. Also realised I am going to need some cool clothing and a comfy pair of sandals. Ended the evening reading my book with a glass of vino. Bliss.

This morning, up and about at 6am. Read for a bit then decided to go cut out the fabric. Its been looking at me for weeks..




First time using a rotary cutter, no idea why I never thought to buy one sooner, so blooming easy to use and quick. Do you like my weights? big fat washers. did the trick though. Hoping I can get this done through the week.

Then it was ironing Sunday, I like ironing so its not much of a chore, pop some you tube videos on and away I go. Quite relaxing. After ironing I decided it was time to sort out my blog. I have had a few blogs and wanted to close down the old ones. I worked out how to import the posts so now the posts are all transferred to this one from 2014 ! Now I have the huge task of going through them all, deleting the really rubbish ones , there are quite a few, then sorting out the label thing.  I have had great fun looking back at them , there is most definitely themes to my life. Most of all I loved the pictures, back when they were young they didn't mind me putting pictures up. I saved them to my PC so am going to get some printed. Here's one of my favourites, just look at that bed hair.


How they have grown.

Now I am off to cook dinner and spend some time with the family, were all in this evening.
Hope you are all having a great weekend however you choose to spend it.
x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...