Saturday, March 9, 2019

Weekend Goals.

I just want a weekend to faff about. I love faffing. Faffing means doing whatever I fancy indoors. 

I have a work bag to sort, commuting with heavy bags doesn't work for me, (dodgy shoulder) I am downsizing what I carry, I've just swapped work bags to one of my cross body bags for my personal bits,( but big enough for my reading book).  The new laptop case is big enough to carry a file or 2 so I should be ok with just the 2 bags. Its amazing what you carry that you don't really need. By the end of the weekend I hope to have it well and truly sorted.

  I found a little set of baskets at Lidl yesterday for £4.99 so grabbed them, the larger one will be just perfect for my locker. I have downsized most of the rubbish I had so really its just for my mug  ( & teas) & water bottle !


I covered a piece of cardboard with some sticky back plastic ( blue peter girl here ) to put in the bottom and I think the basket is just about the right size. The cotton bud dispenser tub will go as he stuff in there can go in my bag. Pretty pleased with it, sure my mug and other teas will fit in. Will try it out on Monday. Then I am going to get one of those magazine file thingys for my notebooks, you know the type you put on a shelf with your magazines in? Hopefully I will have enough room left to slid the laptop bag in so as I don't have to keep bringing it home. 

If you are wondering what the blood orange is, I was introduced to TugBoat brews at Christmas via way of a gift from my Cornish friend. 



I am now addicted and have bought a few more. You do need an strainer or infuser though as its full of glorious fruit bits ! ( I found this out when I used it first time ) so I bought one of their tea infuser tongs for work use. I find them really refreshing and I have cut right down on my tea/ coffee usage at work.

Then I need to rectify this


I am so cross with my self, I thought I was getting on so well and had grand plans to get the other sleeve sorted. It wasn't until I cast it off and went to take a pic I realised what I had done ! can you spot it? you might need to be a knitter ! I have completed the mustard in stocking stitch where I should have swapped to garter stitch to match the front and back. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

That will teach me for picking up my scrabbled notes rather than recheck the pattern after not having knit on it for a while ! I have now ripped it right back to the stripes and start again tomorrow ! On the plus side I did catch up on some pod casts whilst I was knitting !

Then I have decided I am going to get my sewing machine going for the first time this year ! Its not seen the light of day for quite a while. As I feel a little rusty and my machine probably needs some love, thought I d start with a  small simple project. Well lucky for me I had just the thing I picked up in the local charity shop.


Just a little pinny ! might be good to use whilst sinning fluffy stuff. When I opened it up look what else I found


can you see those cute little scissors, they weren't meant to be in the pack so not sure where they came from? I have cut all the pieces out so there should be no excuse not to get it done, lets hope the machine is up to it !

My last piece of craftiness I want to get done is Marchs instalment of the Blue Planet Oceania KAL. I am loving this project so far, such a great pattern.


this is where I am up to so far


I did make an error in January's first section, but really couldn't be bothered to try and unpick a double stranded project especially as one  strand is lace weight mohair. I can see it but I don't think it distracts from the pattern and I managed to back on track by the next pattern repeat. This is going to be great for chilly days its so snuggly. 

Lastly I will watch that Bohemian Rhapsody film, still didn't manage it last night !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...