Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Goodbye 2019.

One of the great things about blogging is to be able to look back over the past year and reflect on all that has been. Working full time with all the family still at home can be a non stop rush of things to do, with little time to stop and pause for breath. Its easy to forget the simple things of daily life.

So lets take a look back and see what 2019 looked like for me.

January.

As usual I started the year with all good intentions,I had grand plans to turn my life around and find that elusive balance. I started the year by resigning from my job, and set my self a frugal challenge and a gut busting challenge, all of which failed miserably.

  January saw me get my new wheel.


I continue to enjoy it, but sadly have not used it as much as I should.

I was still trying to get my Cornwallis sweater done


I'd lost my weekends so planned to get them back on track, we took a walk to Portishead Marina to blow some cobwebs away

 and that was January, not much ahppening then.


February.

My Birthday month. 
Another walk out to Severn beach



we had snow


I continued to spin


and knit


I didn't blog it but headed out to Tintagel with family and friends to celebrate my birthday


and I left my old job.

March.

I started a new job, 

Went to a Massive Attack concert, which was fab


cracked on with my yearly knit along based on David Attenboroughs the Blue Planet


finished a sewing project


still knit on the Cornwallis


and took a trip to the garden centre in Bristol


 April.

Did some of the art trail



did some more spinning




celebrated no 1 sons 21st Birthday


and did a bit of reading and buying of books



May.

started to dislike my new job, wasnt happy at all.
Friends dragged me out


A concert in Birmingham  for a long weekend with my oldest friend

a day out with hubs


yes, I like looking at old ruins, churches especially.



I read a lot and knit some more on my oceania


Signed up to a gym, that weight thing..



June.

Date nights with hubby


Theatre with friends


and another old church



But best of all we found Frank



July.

The holiday of a life time just for the boys






and picking up Frank.



August.

Cleared out my craft room and did a major destash to get rid of the  loss of my crafting mojo


bought a new office set up, new to me anyway 


picture from the seller, great deal for £100 for the lot. 
must have been an omen as started applying for a new job.

Took a short holiday to Cornwall with hubs.



September.

A 1 night camping trip with hubs




Told I was going to be made redundant but found a new job

and started a new knitting project or 2





October.

Started the new job.

Went on my first ever knitting retreat



Another date night with hubs



went to craft 4 crafters with a friend


spent time walking Frank


and started another knitting project




November.

Had a weekend in Cornwall with some girls from work and their dogs, it rained the whole time




started another knitting project


lost a friend unexpectedly
had a bad cold, took time off of work
finished 2 doggy cowls from my hand-spun


Yes, there for dogs, its for a Lurcher dog rescue.

December.

The start of the month saw hubs and I head off to New York with some friends, no sons in sight !














We had an amazing mad time.
Home and back to work but managed a quick trip to Cornwall to see our friend




Decorated the house for Christmas and watched Christmas movies


spent a quiet  festive period with family


Went out to celebrate new years eve




In between I had to work but enjoyed being office based with no travel.

Sorted out the craft room .... again.....


The knitting section, sorted and projects to be finished put on top of the pile...
2020 may be the year to actually get things done !

All in all it was one hell of a mad busy year..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...