Sunday, January 12, 2020

The January drudge.

I'm in one of those dithering moods again, I seem to have lost all my mojo for everything lately.

I think the start of the year being grey and dismal doesn't help,I am so looking forward to longer days, some sun and to see some colour starting to pop up. I hate going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark, all I want to do is curl up and get snug when I get home from work. 

I've lost my weekends to relaxing (read that as not doing much of anything )  after the madness of the end of last year. Think I needed time to recharge ( be lazy), maybe if I start getting out and about a bit more I may find some get up and go. 

There's little been going on, I did manage to get one quick knit done, being a public transport user I needed a hat, blooming freezing waiting around for buses and trains




Managed to get this done over 2 nights, love the hat, not sure I am a pom pom girl though.

My works in progress have been taunting me, I am trying to work my way through them before I cast on something else, buts its a painfully slow process. I did pick up one project and thought 'yuk' I really dont want to knit this any more.


This was my sunset fade  but I really dont like the colours anymore and am not likely to wear it. My colour palette has changed a lot since last year. So it went. no longer a WIP, that felt good.

I've managed to separate for the sleeves on my monstera sweater so its now a long stocking stitch marathon to get this done. Great TV knitting though


Colours are more muted in real life, but this was yesterday morning, me and the hound relaxing. Hes really not an early riser.

My first book of the year is 


This was a Christmas gift, I'm sort of enjoying it, want to finish it, but find my self scan reading some pages. I'll persevere though. 

Other than that I have very little to write about ! 
Hopefully 2020 will start to pick up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...