Monday, January 20, 2020

Pain and a little treat.

Wow, I am really finding this month a long struggle, it seems never ending.
On the plus side it is starting to get lighter in the mornings and my commutes are showing me some lovely sunrises. Its also not rained for the last 3 days which is always a bonus. 

Have worked all week, still based from the office which doesn't help, getting out and about breaks up the day. Next week sees my holiday period calm start to get busy and then I will be wishing I were office based again!

Wednesday morning saw a sneaky dental pain creep in which by Wednesday night was painful enough to get me calling the dentist.Thursday morning straight in at opening, yup, suspected dental infection.....antibiotics prescribed, now its a waiting game, fingers crossed the tablets get rid of it. Dental pain hasn't  helped my mood and the side effects of them have left me wiped out, think it was also the combination of pain meds alongside them .

Come the weekend I wasn't up for much, we had a planned meal out with some friends which I managed, (tepid soft food) and home by 10. Saturday saw us go check out a boarding kennel for the hound, holidays pending, i'm not happy to be putting him in kennels though, need to see if I can find a dog sitter ! There was a garden centre opposite so we had a little mooch and picked up the dog food and some more little bird feeders for the garden.


Am hoping the little birds like them as they dont get a look in with the rest as the big birds rule the garden.

On the way I had noticed a yarn store !! on the way back hubs asked if I wanted to pop in, silly question really..







What a find, such a lovely shop. If you are ever in the area its a great place to have a mooch. Its Alterknit Universe  in Cleeve. Its got a  great selection of yarns and recycled yarns. Of course I had to buy something...


Absolutely love this yarn. The Croft by westyorkshire spinners.

Aran weight, the colours remind me of the coast. Planning on doing a 2 colour Flax sweater, Not quite sure how that will pan out but have already cast it on. 

Sunday was spent at home, we've just started on stripping the front room ready for a refresh,  hubby let me choose the wallpaper......



The photo's dont show the true colours but I love it, cant wait to get it done.

And then, just like that It was time to get ready for another week at work.
On the plus side I finished my book so can now start another


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...