Monday, May 4, 2020

Shopping and Cooking.

Up until now I have managed to shop local and eat down all our stores. But the time had come to knuckle down and face a superstore.I dillied and dallied over which one to go to and locked at the sites to recommend the quieter times to go.


So this morning I popped in to see step mom then headed out to Morrisons.

It wasn't actually that bad, only 3 people before me queuing to get in, a trolley waiting that had been sanitised and I was off.

It was like going into Ikea, a route had been planned out for you so I headed off into the unknown. 
 It was reasonably quiet in there and most people were social distancing but others didn't have a blooming clue.I managed to get most of what I wanted other than dried basil and some yeast, I overspent but I put it down to the excitement of being let lose to shop.

I am now stocked up for at least the next 2 weeks, so shouldn't have to venture out for a while.


Yesterday I made up some minestrone type soup for my lunches this week, I'm still on that never ending weight loss dream, I find that if I have food planned I can manage better so given I'm not working this week and have no structure I'd better at least make an attempt to eat healthy.

An add popped up on my Facebook account 2 weeks ago for an offer for Slimming world for free for NHS workers so I snapped it up. So I'm trying to be slimming world friendly.
My group leader recommended this book for ideas



Its not a  slimming world book but has meals that adapt to most types of diet. I had a look through and found a Minestrone soup which sounded nice.
I used up most of the veg that was turning and substituted some small macaroni pasta as I didn't have any small pasta for soups. But I ended up with not a bad soup that will last me 5 days, or until I get bored of it and then freeze it.


 I also used up the ageing kale and made Krispy kale to go along side it.


Over the last 2 weeks I have managed to lose 5 lbs which I am quite pleased about. I'm enjoying slimming world much more in this time of social isolation as its all done via the internet and classes are by Zoom. I don't need to go and listen to the whole group and then clap everyone, I do find that quite patronising and tedious and always puts me off going.
 The group leader is great and the others that I have 'met' via Zoom seem nice.
Maybe this time I might actually crack it.

This is my goal



Riding on Perranporth Beach

I had a horse when I was younger up until about 16/17 yrs and so want to get back in the saddle again, this is my goal,  Lose 60lbs and for every 1lb I lose in weight I will put £1 into a jar so when I hit target I will have the money for a 2 hr beach ride....

PS, yes I do need to lose that much weigh else the horse may buckle beneath me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...