Sunday, May 3, 2020

A lockdown Holiday.


Friday would have seen the family head off to Ilfracombe to start our holiday over to Lundy Island.
We should have sailed on the Oldenburg on Saturday Morning, we stay over the night before to make sure we are there ready but also to meet up with  our friend and share a meal.

Lundy is one of my favourite places, I love the peace , quiet, nature and total getting away from everything type of holiday that it is.








But it wasn't to be, staying home and staying safe is what it's all about this year.

Instead we have rebooked for next May and I am taking a staycation.I immed and ahhed about whether to take a week off given I can't go anywhere other my back garden and a local walk, but I think I just need a break from work and a few restful days after Dad's death and all that came with it.

So this week I aim to finish reading City of Girls, finish my roadside beanie and a pair of plain socks and actually drag my sewing machine out and complete a project, I may even do a blog post or two.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...