Friday, May 8, 2020

FO Friday.

I did it, I actually made a garment that fits and was exactly what I was wanting. It's a blooming miracle. Shame it's too hot to wear it at the moment.


I absolutely love it and am impressed with myself for actually finishing something.
I omitted all cuffs and the neckband and am so pleased I did its really comfy.

This was a really easy make given it was stretch fabric, Terry Cotton, and I don't have a serger, I was a bit dubious. But it went smoothly.

Its a mash up from the styles on  Simplicity S8947, I made the shortest version and omitted all fancy bits. Great size range to this pattern as well, UK size 4- 26. Would recommend this pattern and am definitely going to make some more for the cooler months.

I also managed to finish this book



I really am not sure about it to be honest, its sent in NewYork around the 1940's and is a woman retelling her story. It was very much a slow burn for me, I did finish it but it was a slog towards the end. I don't know whether my feelings for this book were impacted because it was a book club read ( not keen on book clubs not doing another), or that we are amidst a pandemic and I have brain fog or the impact of my dad dying whilst  just starting to read it . Its like I need to put it away and come back and read it again another time, not sure I would though. It was a shame as I had high hopes for this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...