Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Venturing out.





Another week gone, I still feel that I'm in lockdown, I'm still working at home in my little blue den and pretty much don't go out other than dog walks and shopping.

This past weekend I did go for a socially distanced walk with my friend, her husband remains shielded as he is in cancer treatment, it was lovely and I managed a quick socially distanced hello with her hubby which was lovely.  It got me to thinking though, my life is pretty darned boring now I have taken physically going to work out of the agenda. I did manage a few trips out during my week off so I'm not quite a hermit yet.


Hubs has gone back to work this week and is due to work this weekend, oh the joys of normality, I had quite got used to him being home ! No 1 son is away this weekend and no 2 son will also be working a few hours here and there. Hmm...the prospective of a weekend basically home alone doesn't hold the appeal it once did. So I got to thinking..... what to do...…..


Decision made, I have booked a day off on Friday and have booked a train ticket.....
I am going to visit my friend in Cornwall.... I haven't seen here since February and as she lives alone she hasn't really seen anyone. I'm quite looking forward to it.


Booking a train was a bit tricky, they all seem to have been sold out, but managed to get a return  ticket even though the timings are not quite what I would have chosen. I'm still not sure about train travel to be honest, but at some point in the not too distant future my job is going to require me to start travelling again. I have a full corona virus kit to take with me to keep me safe so lets see how it goes.


I'm really looking forward to a change of scenery


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...