Sunday, August 9, 2020

That sneaky Cornish escape and another in the planning.

I'm really not sure where time goes.
How was it 3 weeks ago since my last blogpost ?

My mini solo trip to Cornwall to see my friend was lovely , despite the sun going into hiding for the duration, It did reappear when I had to go back to work, typical. 


The train ride down was uneventful and very socially distanced, only 3-4 other people spaced out in my carriage, all with masks on. The ticket person didn't come round neither did the refreshment trolley so it was a very quiet trip. 


We  had a lovely weekend of walking, chatting and eating, despite the sun going into hiding we did generally dodge the rain.






We did pop into Truro but I really don't like shopping at the moment so left there quick sharp and back to the coast...




I did do a sneaky flying visit into Falmouth just to visit Stitches & Cream  and might have had to add to my stash...


Its a great little shop, full of fabric, yarns and bits & bobs, my friend and I were the only 2 in there so it felt really comfortable and safe, masks on of course. If you're down that way and a crafter it is definitely worth a visit. 

This little duo has already been cast on in preparation for the forthcoming Cornish week at the month end, (always have to have a new holiday cast on) Hubs and I are celebrating 21 years of marriage and as all other travel plans have been curtailed, we were lucky enough to manage to book 5 nights away in North Cornwall and another 2 nights to stay with our with our friend.  Boys will be staying home house sitting and looking after Frank...


Who as you can see really does like his home comforts ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...