Wednesday, August 19, 2020

WIP Wednesday.

I am in a season of castonitis...
I just cant help myself. I have far too many WIPS to count, but there's always something else that needs casting on...

This week it was ' I need a holiday project', none of my curent WIPs would do. It had to be simple and easy to pick up and put down, and nothing that needed a brain cell.... I also wanted to use this


Fyberspates Vivacious in the Lundy Island colourway.

I'll tell you a story about this yarn.
One of my favourite places is Lundy Island, I saw this yarn a few years back, bought it and knit a lovely sweater from it, sadly I shrunk the damn thing in the washing machine by accident. Never one to be put off I bought more of the yarn, and there it's sat, forlornly waiting to be knit.We were booked to go to Lundy again this year but Covid put paid to that and its now been delayed until next year. Which means I have a whole year to knit a new Lundy sweater.!

So I pulled it out and looked for a pattern.
I've had my eye on a boxy for a while,








I wasn't sure if it was for me as a larger lady, but I love the sweater so what the heck, I cast it on.


Love it so far, rounds and rounds of stocking stitch...Bliss, I am one of those sad people that just loves stocking stitch in the round, only 390 stitches on the needle.
I am doing the seamless sweater but if the thought of knitting that in the round scares you there is a seamed version so you can knit the front and back seperately.

I may  also have bought a new project bag for it .....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...