Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Weekend and some stash enhancement.

I really didn't want to go to work today, no idea why it was a home working day, think it was just the after effect of a long weekend off of work !  

Had a very quiet weekend, just what I needed and finished reading Madame Burova so I can now start the book charmer. I did manage to get out with the hound for a walk which was glorious...


Finished my spinning project


and saw a smiley face appear in the sky above our house


Then today Mr Posty bought a smile to my face....

A new knitting book and some glorious 50g skeins of sock yarn I plan to use for cuffs, heels and toes, although I may attempt some colorwork socks.

The book and yarn was from Tribe yarns, always great service from them, can't wait to be able to go to London to visit.

My decision for this evening is shall I try and do some more work on the sleeves of my bee sweater or cast on the lovely yarn above and make some new socks ? Or, should I just read my book.....

6 comments:

  1. Decisions, decisions. Glad you had a nice weekend and a good walk with your dog. I like that smiley face in the sky, we never see anything like that here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, i do try to make the most of weekends to keep me sane..

      Delete
  2. Loving all that blossom on mature trees. Decisions, decisions. Now if that were me, I'd have 'just a quick look' at how the book starts - and that would be me lost in the book for the rest of the night. I am guessing you started the socks . . . . ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, very like me, no I didn't do either, I worked on one of my other random knit projects, there are a few.

      Delete
  3. The trees are beautiful covered in blossom. We had four seasons in one day yesterday, sunshine, wind, hail and snow. Squishy parcels are the best sort of mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the weather is mad, it was like that here, and squish is always the best!

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...