Tuesday, June 22, 2021

What I'm reading now.

Just finished The Sea Gate, which I loved. It had enough interest to keep me reading and I loved the stories of both women. I also love a book with a little history in it, id never really thought about prisoners of war in Cornwall!

Whilst on my little break to Clovelly I picked this up at Hartland Abbey. 

I will be honest, I only picked it up because I loved the cover, its set in Cornwall and I like the sound of the women.

I have never heard of Karin Walker before, nor this book but it looks like it might be fun and their are some good reviews on amazon, I'm trying to use links to real bricks and mortar book shops now, rather than amazon, but couldn't find anyone other than amazon online who was selling it. 

Im just about to start it so will let you know how it goes.

7 comments:

  1. They say never judge a book by its cover but I'm afraid I do that too. The cover can definitely attract me. It'll be interesting to hear what you think of it once you've read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, but 'I'm always a sucker for a book that is based in Cornwall, was a bit explicit at times, but I enjoyed it for an easy read.

      Delete
  2. I can see that you're going to cost me money!!! I loved "The Sea Gate" and now I'm intrigued by this Karin Walker book. Off to research > > > > >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh . . . bought a copy, been reading it (last night and today). It's very 'wordy'/descriptive/long-winded but I do need to know how it ends. Be warned - some x-rated passages!!!And. as a resident of Cornwall, I felt a little miffed that she had primroses blooming at the same time as Foxgloves.

      Delete
    2. I'm just a sucker for a book based in Cornwall. I do agree with your comments below about being wordy and the explicit writing I didn't feel was really necessary, could have been worded/framed much better but I did enjoy the characters and the story.

      Delete
  3. The book cover does look very inviting and I hope it turns out to be a good read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, I loved it, a very easy read, but I love this type of book, not everyone's cup of tea, and some explicit writing at times , but happy i read it.

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...