Wednesday, June 1, 2022

A musical night out with my oldest friend.

My friend who I have known since I was 3 years old turned 60 last month.  

Most of my friends are nearing 60 now, all have their own homes and everything that they could want. I hate buying gifts just because it's a birthday and then spending money on something they may not like or want. So I have changed my gift buying focus to concentrate more on shared times and experiences and  not necessarily with me, but a gift of an activity or vouchers towards a trip away or a meal out. They have generally been well received.

So when said friends birthday was approaching I was pondering what to gift her when by accident I managed to secure tickets to a concert for her favourite band. She had tried and failed to get tickets for this concert so I knew they would  go down a treat. 

So last week the pair of us went off to a concert... The killers supported by Manic Street preachers. I have to say it was FAB.... we both had a great time and made more happy memories. Were now on the search for our next concert.





1 comment:

  1. Your giving of gifts sounds such a good idea, shared experiences with friends are memorable. Glad you enjoyed the concert.

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...