Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Summer of Books and Yarn update.

 Back at the beginning of the Summer holidays a post by Louise Tillbrook caught my eye. A summer of Books and Yarn. How could I resist, 2 of my favourite things. 

I am absolutely loving the challenge of reading 6 books over the summer, alongside some knitting. In I jumped. I have actually ran ahead with it and have read 5 books already. A combination of mini breaks and long train trips for work have helped. 

My knitting project was to aim to finish my Richmond Hill sweater. The heatwave has slowed any real progress on my sweater but it is so close to finishing now. 

Here's my summer of books and yarn progress to date;


This was my original planned reads, obviously this has changed and I may well have purchased some new books !

Week 1


Week 2



Week 3

Now I am heading into week 4 and the prompt was A book with a location in the title. 

I may have just had to buy another new book.


Not normally my sort of book but as we are headed up to Whitby in the near future it caught my eye, so why not. I surprised my self by enjoying with the no 1 ladies detective agency so I may well like this one too. 

Knitwise, now its cooled down somewhat I am determined to get my Richmond hill sweater finished. I would actually like to take it to Whitby with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...