Wednesday, August 17, 2022

A weekend away with friends.

 My final catch up post ! Hooray..

Last weekend we set off in Stan the van to met friend's at a campsite just outside of Lynton & Lynmouth. The heatwave was still with us and the skies were blue . 



The campsite was up on the hill overlooking Lynton & Lynmouth. We stayed at Lynmouth Holiday retreat, and whilst we had  a small pitch with no views as such, parked in Motorhome  section !



Our friends luckily had a great pitch and great views. Lesson to self, don't always book a hardstanding pitch !



we even managed to sit and watch the sunset.

For some strange reason on Saturday we thought it would be a great idea to walk down the hill into Lynmouth, then walk back up though Lynton to our campsite. Luckily there is a funicular railway between Lynmouth  and Lynton so we hitched a ride part way on that.












It was a long hot day, by the time we were back at the campsite I was feeling very sick, through the heat and the exertion of walking up a very steep and long track, we named it the track that kept on giving ! For a very overweight late 50's woman I am so pleased I actually managed it. It was an incredible walk down and back up through some ancient woodlands and the views were great.  Lynton and Lynmouth are both lovely and well worth a visit if you are in the area.  

The campsite was ok, it was full and busy, very clean and good facilities but for me, I made a mistake booking the serviced hardstanding pitch. I would much rather have had the hook up pitch in the lower filed where our friends were. 

There was a great pub next door, The Beggars Roost, very friendly and great pub food. Rosie even made a friend


A little Border Terrier bitch a couple of months older. It was a shame we couldn't let them off their leads to have a good old run about. That's Rosie with the pink purple harness showing.   
It was a great weekend and I am so thankful; that I get to go and explore so many places.

2 comments:

  1. I love Lynton and Lynmouth and have done posts about my visits there, I have happy childhood memories - such a special place and I can see you thought so too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, I may well venture back next year. I shall go and search your posts out.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...