Wednesday, November 23, 2022

WIP Wednesday .

This week I wasn't able to refuse the call of the Cast Ons.  It had
to be done, I received some gorgeous mohair yarn that I had ordered specifically to go with my 'Lundy' Yarn


and just had to cast it straight on


I am so pleased with the result. When the mohair arrived, it was a bit brighter than I had thought and was worried it would be too garish, but with the dull Lundy colourway it is just perfect. I am making my annual visit again next year and this is THE jumper I intend to take. 

Simple sweater pattern with a couple of adjustments to suit my needs. As I am adding a strand of Mohair, I have gone down half a needle size and a sweater size, hoping I have gaged this right, so far, the rib looks about the right size. I am going to knit in basic stocking stitch with right side out, the pattern has the garter ribs right side out, and omit the central line that runs up the sweater. Other than that, I will knit as per pattern, I think this is going to be a lovely winter knit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cruising the Norwegian Fjords.

To celebrate reaching 60 I decided to tick off one of the bucket list holidays. I am very grateful I have a good job which pays well enough ...