Saturday, September 30, 2023

A gentle weekend.

 A very rare weekend at home with no plans what so ever. Just a see what you feel like doing when you get up type of plan. 

My thoughts on getting  up were I need to shrink my yarns and sort out all my project bags, so that's what I did. I have only just finished and it feels wonderful. The only yarns I have kept are the ones for specific projects or sweaters worth.  Luckily I have 2 yarny friends who love free yarn so it will all go to a good home. I managed to empty 2 storage boxes worth. I really have no reason to buy yarn for the next few years. 

Sorting out the boxes of yarn meant with the extra room I could rejig my office/ craft room so I know also have room to leave my weaving loom up and my spinning wheel out. Winter is coming and bad weather days mean if I can see and access my crafty stuff I am more likely to use them.

I may have jumped onto the westknits mystery knit along wagon again this year. I have yet to finish one but it always appeals to me. I really wasn't going to do it  but then I spotted this beauty



Its absolutely gorgeous, exactly my colours. The colour pack is called Norway, and ill be honest with you that swayed me as well. We're off on a Norwegian cruise next year, celebrating my 60th and our 25th anniversary, so it just seemed like fate. I swatched last night and it really is lovely to knit with 


none of the photos really capture the colours but it  is a lovely fade, I think I may enjoy this one, the theme is Geogradient this year.

Now i'm going to grab some lunch and snuggle with Rosiedog for a while as we are home alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...