Sunday, March 15, 2015

Disaster: sewing project no 2.

Yesterday I decided to have another go at making.
Never 1 to shirk something challenging I decided to make a t-shirt
Really simple pattern

But

It involved working with t-shirt fabric and bias binding
never used either before

what a nightmare
Its stretchy!!

loved the fabric
loved the colours
loved the pattern

My machine didn't

in retrospect I should have done a bit of research on working with stretchy fabric
My poor machine ate so much cotton it give up the ghost!

Lessons I have learned

1} use a needle specifically for stretchy fabric, apparently you can get ball point needles?
2] use the right stitch type, straight doesn't work, use a zigzag
3] use the right foot on your machine, there's a nifty little walking foot

simple when you know how



finally. here's the unfinished , put back into the stash drawer t-shirt
Spot the many mistakes......






That's 2 projects done, neither of which I will wear, good job its cheap fabric that I can refashion when I have worked out what to do with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...