Saturday, March 14, 2015

Saturday walking and sewing.

We took take the hound up to the vets as part of his behavior plan this morning.
just to sit in the waiting room to get him to relax and be less anxious when we need to visit!

He did really well, wouldn't go near the treatment room though even though the lovely vet nurse was tempting him with treats! but its a start.

The Vets is on the way into 'town' not somewhere we normally walk the hound, but we had spotted a path and decided to give it a try. I love to explore new places where we live.

I  had my new phone, [contract had expired so upgraded phone and reduced the monthly bill] and wanted to try out the camera on it.

An interesting and long walk, we could have walked right into the centre of the city as it took us to the river which heads that way.

It was wet under foot and slippy, yes I did take a small slip and ended up on my a*** luckily hubs didn't have a camera.. lesson learned? wear walking boots when with hound, you never know when you might go off road.

we walked down a little path in between houses and the pub



.
and found a hidden wood


 we decided to head to the left and down towards the river

At one point we had to cross the main road and go back down to the path the other side
Its amazing that you can drive somewhere everyday and not really notice these places


we walked through the woods and then it opened up onto a huge green with the river and train station ahead ahead.






And then on down to the river







It took us about 40 minutes to get to the river, but it had started to turn grey and chilly
so decided to turn back to find the car.

It seems we could walk from our house right into town along the river, there are a couple of places you need to dip onto the road, but you would never know you were in the middle of the city, apart from the constant hum of traffic heading into town! Definitely a planned walk for warmer days.

Home to do some chores, then an hour free, boys were watching rugby! what to do?
Sew of course..

I decided today  was the day to try a t-shirt, I had some fabric off we go..

another bad angle photo.. that's my excuse anyway!

Lets just say it didn't go as planned and my machine has now decided to give up!

I shall post about my attempt tomorrow when I have daylight to take some real photo's
the fabric is actually gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...