Saturday, May 9, 2015

Another week goes by.

A whole week and no blogging, time seems to be flying by.

Last Sunday was get up and go day, as usual the boys were not to be tempted out so hubs and I had an impromptu walk with the hound.

Bank holiday Sunday was not a day to be getting caught up in Motorway traffic so we headed out not too far away, 2 motorway junctions away to be exact.

The weather was typically British, hot then cold, sunny then overcast, windy then still, with rain clouds looming not too far away.

We had a walk along the beach, totally missing the signs that dogs were not allowed, no one commented and he had a great time. 

Being a couple for adventure walks we decided to walk around the point, which meant scrambling over very slippy rocks, yes a middle aged plus sized woman scrambling at times on all 4's,  there were a group of 7-9 year olds boys doing the same thing whilst their parents watched from the safety of the path, I think they were impressed! their parents not!








 

but we made it round, in 1 piece, by which point the weather was turning decidedly grey!


Feeling accomplished and with no whining tired teenage boys we decided to treat ourselves to a beverage, luckily their was a sea front pub with some outside seating


suitably refreshed it was time to head back home not wanting to get stuck in the mass exodus on the motorways.

This week has also seen some crafting progress, 


socks now complete



Pirate skirt, Done. Not particularly flattering but hey, I'm a buxom wench!
This fabric was a NIGHTMARE to sew, very very slippy, and as for a curved hem, arghhhh
its quite light weight so am thinking of maybe putting a small underskirt type thing around the hem? maybe black? what to do you think?

I also got my knit top completed



I absolutely love it, again not particularly flattering as it finishes just under the bust, but its great over a long sleeve tee with my jeans and the colours are fab.

Other than that its just been work, hubs still on nights, boys still doing their own thing, no weight lost, fell off the wagon this week, but back on it and no weight gained, phew.meet up with my old friend last night, still trying to be sociable, off out again tonight, whats happening here!, 

This weeks grand creative plan is to make the waistcoat for my pirate outfit, struggled to find a suitable black fabric, so bought off ebay, unfortunately when it arrived the pattern was bigger than I though but think it will be ok


should have enough left over to make a small pirate bag, then its just the blouse to sort, and only 7 days, good job hubs is on nights, I see a lot of late night sewing happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...