Friday, May 1, 2015

Good times.


What a month.

It started with a Cornish mini break, the weather was kind the company great. 4 nights of pure relaxation, tinged with sadness that no 1 son doesn't want to come any more:(

My creative side has been challenged this month with trying to make a wearable garment, I have been stitching with my new machine, knitting with gorgeous yarn and colouring in with pound shop pens and a fabulous colouring book! I have yet to have a complete wearable item !

I have read, books that weren't on my to read list and had to be bought, fail on that score, I have so many books why do I keep buying? On a positive note they were kindle books so not taking up space..and I thoroughly enjoyed the escapism.

Our poor hound has been through a rough time, hes coming out the other side and tonight for the first time in a very long time he was relaxed, I even managed to have a doggy snuggle, strangely I have not given him any meds, makes me wonder.

I have lost weight ! whoop whoop, I cant believe it, I do have will power!

I have had a social life, I have been out on a girly night and enjoyed a night out with hubs and the boys, 

I have taken time to appreciate where I live and enjoy the quiet moments, I have given some love to my home and worked on my little girly den.

No 1 son has turned 17, I can see the man appearing, hes making his own path, applying for apprenticeships and looking at holidays that doesn't include us, I'm scared and sad..I know I will lose him for a few years whilst he finds his place in the world.But I look on with pride in my eyes at what a lovely young man he is, I hope he remains that way. 

April was a good month, a month well lived, a month of love and laughter, memories made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...