Saturday, May 2, 2015

Finally !

Hallelujah !

I have actually made a top that fits and I feel comfortable wearing. This will be definately be packed for our holiday to Scotland.

Hubs and the boys went off to rugby so as I was home alone I decided to have another shot at sewing.

It didn't start off too well.

Using a thick jersey knit was an experience, it took some patience and working out, I will admit I had to take the plate off a few times as I clogged the feed dog, but I persevered and I got there in the end.

This was the pattern I chose



I decided to do the long sleeve version, may be a bit chilly up in Scotland

The fabric was £3.99 metre and I used about 1.5 metres, it took about 3.5 hours to make, including cutting out, which was a success this time, sides matched perfectly ! The fabric was probably a tad to thick but it falls ok, I am hoping after a wash it will soften slightly.

The only alteration I made was to cut the back in 1 piece rather than 2 and omit the hook and eye, the neck is wide enough to slip over my head without one.

I used some silk bias binding to strengthen the neck , folded inside so that you cant see it, bit of an experiment, and used a zig zag stitch to give stretch to the seams.

So without further ado here it is.....




I am really pleased with it, it very comfy to wear, maybe could have done with a smaller size, I am shrinking!
will try and get a photo of me wearing it when its washed and pressed, hopefully it will shrink slightly!

Feeling accomplished !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...