Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Scottish break.

Were back and we all had a great time, even no 1 son !
The trouble with holidays is that they just go too fast.

The week began with hubs secret stop over
Blackpool !
I thought the boys would love it, they didn't even want to go in the Pleasure beach, what?

so instead we took the tram as far a long the golden mile as we could then went half way back, and walked the rest of the way. It was heaving, it seems to be the capital for stag and hen weekends, lots of very drunk people.







The following morning it was up and out, Edinburgh here we come.

we had an amazing view from our hotel room


the skies cleared and we had a little mooch



A great place to stay with the bus stop right outside.
we were even treated to an amazing sunset



we visited the castle






The Zoo







The museum




Grey friars 




Holyrood and parliament





and generally just enjoyed the sights of Edinburgh





It was a fab week that ended with a 9.5 hour trip back to home !!
The boys were great, hardly any moaning and seemed to enjoy it.
Bitter sweet as I think that may well be the last holiday with no 1 son, unless we win the lottery and venture somewhere exotic that involves a plane ride!

I hope you enjoyed your little trip around Edinburgh with us.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...