Monday, June 1, 2015

Crochet WIP update.

I do love a bit of crochet, so simple and a real pick up and put down when ever sort of project.
Generally its blankets, I love a big project.

Here's the completed sea stripe blanket, designed for wrapping yourself in or chucking over your sleeping bag at night, camping of course! just need to weave the ends in and give it a wash


very pleased with it, love the colours, and as a bonus it wont show the dirt, I have boys you know!

once that had finished I started another straight away


another sea side theme, beach huts, it will be white with coloured stripes, I love stylecraft yarn, cheap as chips and acrylic so can be thrown in the washing machine. The basket is a laundry box I bought from Aldi a few years back, its fab, so portable in the house.

The other crochet project on the go I found just before we left for Edinburgh, I had forgotten all about it. I started this about 2-3 years ago on a Normandy holiday. Its made with 100% wool so will be for the guest bed, no camping for this beauty.

It was tucked away in this little vintage basket I bought at  vintage fare for £5.



now I found the completed squares I needed to find the work in progress ones



another little bag for projects, this one was bought for me by my sister in law, she has great taste and knows exactly what I would like.I also found my favourite crochet hook tucked inside.

So pleased I found this, this was my Edinburgh project!

The first set of completed squares I found


and the new Scottish squares


these were generally done on the way up and then in the mornings before they all woke up.

added together still a long way off a blanket



no set pattern yet, just using the yarn I have and then will stitch together in white, I'm really liking this project.Wonder how many more years it will take to get it finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...