Saturday, June 6, 2015

simple kimono top: Done !

Finally I have a wearable project, I love this top, so simple I may have to make some more.
As always I needed to do a bit of pattern jigging to suit my shape, but its not half bad.


When I do the pattern again I will do a smaller neck its still a bit wide for my liking, the original shape was off the shoulder, I should have done the smaller neckline, read the pattern wrong did the large neck as thought it mean large size, not large neck!! Duh...


I love the sleeves and am impressed that I managed to do the turn back cuff


The neck edge was just sewn over,  I tried a stitch on the machine and love it, I still struggle with straight lines on the neck,the sew line does go a bit wonky, hence the little star stitches, but hey, its done. I can wear it and it looks great with my cut off jeans.Not sure I would be confident wearing it to work, I'm a perfectionist!

I adore the fabric though and am contemplating buying some more to try a dress! yes you heard right me in a dress!

Now my sewing mojo is back I shall go hunt a pattern to suit this fabric


am thinking a 3/4 sleeveless tunic style top?

This weekend is a RnR weekend, just mooching about doing what ever we fancy, boys are out today so will be peaceful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...