Monday, May 11, 2015

Blooming Pirates !

I am so not in love with this pirate wedding outfit.
In fact I blooming hate it.
I have royally ballsed it up. 

The skirt wasn't too bad, the fabric for the waistcoat is wrong, should never have bought unseen from eBay. 

I didn't have black bias binding so used the white, trying not to have to buy any more stuff, hate it, then thought lets zig zag some stitches down it to dampen it down. Now Bias binding and I are not friends, I hate the stuff, always goes wonky, add that to naff stitching and it looks awful.

The waistcoat set up was a night mare I had to add loads of darts just to get the neck to sit properly, in all honesty the shape of the waistcoat isn't too bad, would look nice on a slender pirate.but placed with the skirt, the skirt was not full enough, a bit flimsy, here we go, more creative changes being made, no idea why I bought a pattern I have completely butchered it.I know, lets add an underskirt, a bit of black to balance it.

Then it was the turn of the ribbon laces, totally rush job, just need it finished, is that wrong of me? I am seriously contemplating going out to rent a wench outfit !

I have now lost it. I just need to get it done, wear it for a few hours then bin it!
It is  not the most flattering of outfits, I look like a beached whale !
I am so not looking forward to photo's

I suppose you want to take a peak?
are you ready?
please be seated you may fall over laughing!


cut ready, boy do I need to lose some weight. Its huge.


3/4 finished, the red spots are pins


lacing, done.need to sort the length of the ribbons. note the dodgy stitching. and finish the bottom edge of the ruffle.

add it to the skirt


now do you see what I mean?

its too dark to take pic now with underskirt, but it does look better with a bit of bulk, not that I need any mind you !

Now I have to make the blouse ! who's bright idea was this? the weddings on Saturday....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...