Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WIP Wednesday.

Welcome to WIP Wednesday

I have a massive project on the go, its taken me ages to finally get something concrete in mind but I finally settled on something.

My dear friend, the one who I took out last week, is due to get married next month, I need an outfit, but not any old outfit, a pirate outfit !

yep, you heard right she's having a pirate wedding.

I  don't do dressing up, especially plus size dressing up, so this has been a challenge. Everyone, including the parents, are dressing up, so there was no get out clause. 

After much Internet browsing I had a vague idea in mind, so what was needed was a trip to the fabric store, as luck would have it they had a pattern sale on, and low and behold, there it was, the pattern.

Much joy at finally deciding upon something, I grabbed some fabric to get started,
Want to take a peak?


Dear friend loves it, so it must be OK, she'd tell me if it wasn't! more of a pirate wench look?

Going a bit off pattern in fabric choices, here's what I bought for the skirt



a gorgeous red/black effect, thought I could re-purpose after with a 'going out' top
Its quite subtle but I love it, just the thing for a pirate wedding. and it needs to be cool, shes getting married on the SS Great Britain, likely to get warm below deck.

Not totally sure about fabric choice for the waistcoat, maybe plain black? with red ribbon/piping
it is a wedding after all I don't want to look too drab..

I am actually getting quite excited now, lets hop I can pull this off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...