Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Goodbye March.



March saw an increase in crafty happenings, spinning, knitting and trying to sew a garment that I would actually wear, I have enjoyed playing, even though I still have no finished project to wear!

Our poor hound had his first Epileptic seizure, there's been some adapting to do and hes still not ' quite right', Were off for scans on his brain next week, the vet did gently suggest there may be a mass, lets hope shes wrong! he really is a lovely boy despite his naughty side!

We had loads of local walks, nowhere exotic or too far, just re exploring where we live.I love this time of year, we move from muddy shades to glimpses of colour to come.

I finally went back to slimming world, its been a bit hit and miss I have to be honest, my weigh ins have been bi weekly due to previous plans, parents evening being one of them. The gym has had to be missed this month as funds have been spent on hounds health, but, I did manage to lose 3lbs, not much but a start and in the right direction. As we are off on a mini holibob tomorrow for Easter I don't think the scales will be good next week, I will try to be good honest, but when in Cornwall you must eat at least 1 !

My weekends have seen a social life reappearing! yes, me going out! 3 out of the 4 weekends  in March I have been out in the evenings!!  
Last weekend saw us go to the local community centre for a fun filled night of food,  music and magic! we took number 2 son along as no 1 was out, we all had a great time.


We  have a great little community where we live, being dog walkers we tend to nod and say hello to those we live near, but rarely go to the social events. They actually have a great deal going on, we have lived here 13 years and its taken us that long to join in the fun.Must try harder!

March has seen me try to lead a simpler life, no goal setting, just enjoying each moment and trying to relax back. I have continued to declutter my stuff, hubs is still reluctant to downsize his 'things', we have put some love into the house, new blinds, spring cleaning and buying paint to refresh the hallways,[ still to be done.] I have not got stressed over work, all bar the holiday thing, which now seems to be resolved as I am officially now on leave for Easter, and the boss informed me that May's leave will be OK, still to be signed off though! I have taken time each day to do things which make me smile, I have gone to bed at reasonable times and tried to eat healthy foods. I feel content and happy as we head into April.

I hope that you have all had a good month and wish you a happy month ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...