Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cornwall day 1.

Were back and what a fab time we all had.

We arrived late on Thursday night and woke on Friday morning to this


Torrential rain !

Never a family to be put off we decided on the fail safe option
The maritime museum in Falmouth.




The museum had a Viking exhibition which the boys thought fab, whilst I lusted after a viking brooch


The boys were really interested in all the exhibits  but the get knotted had them entertained!



me? well....there just happened to be a little exhibit that took my fancy





absolutely fascinating, from a pile of trash she has created some wonderful works of art. The photos don't do them justice, they were fab. If you happen to be passing and are interested in weaving or art, take a peak! alternatively Google  Joanna Atherton

By the time we had finished in the museum the rain had subsided so we took a stroll through Falmouth.


no 2 son was disappointed that his favorite shop had sold out of his favorite sausage roll, hes not a pasty boy!


I love this little alley, my favorite shellfish restaurant is there,[tomorrows post] and the colours are fab.

We mooched about, no 2 son bought some books from the charity shop, no 1 son snagged an Xbox game in  a 2nd hand shop, and I found a tub of felt tip pens for my colouring!

Deciding we had had enough of aimless wandering we decided to head back, the boys had had enough but J and I took her woof out to the beach for his last beach stroll, hes now banned till winter!

It was a tad cold it has to be said and almost deserted, just as I like it.




HUGE jelly fish..



A lovely end to our first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...