Friday, August 12, 2016

Camping - Part 1

What a great 5 nights we had down south, yep 1 less than planned.
The weather again, not rain this time but the darned wind.
I should have learnt my lesson by now but I am a sucker for a great view with no protection..


Bedruthan camp site- my little piece of heaven.


The first night was windy, the 2nd calmer, the 3rd was wild, getting out of bed at 2am to tether the awning to the van it had pretty much separated itself, our poor friends tent was collapsing at the front [ she went for a view too!], Despite the wind, the weather was fabulous, sunny days and long sunsets..



we even managed to get down onto Bedruthan beach whilst the tide was out, we didn't manage to do that last year.


Tide In


Tide out


The way down, pretty step steps and narrow in places..









Its a great place, I really do love this piece of coastline, the views are amazing, its wild camping, basic facilities only, which means 2 loos and 2 showers for everyone to use, including day trippers. No electricity, no wifi/internet connection and just 1 tap to get water from. It makes you slow down and breathe. Its nice to have time with Junior when hes not attached to something! we had BBQ's, played scrabble, read books and just enjoyed being together. 

On Friday we  caught the bus into Newquay, why I don't know, it was packed..The bus ride was fun, an old fashioned double decker squeezing through country lanes with holiday makers towing a variety of vehicles.. madness. 

On  saturday we went for a walk to Pollyjoke beach. We drove up to Crantock and walked around the headland.







A nice little walk, not too far, but enough to stretch your legs, we stopped on the beach for a while, enjoying the peace and did some people and dog watching! so many dogs, then, the only time during our hols, a few rain clouds were spotted getting closer so we carried on our walk back to the pub for some late lunch!

Part 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...