Sunday, August 14, 2016

Camping-Part 2.

Sunday saw us pack up camp and head up to Tintagel for a few days.
We had booked a site so had access to 'real' showers and a toilet block! and to make junior happy had electric hook up! The site even had free wifi, so after 3 nights in a field it felt like luxury! 
We had hoped that being on a site we would have had more protection from 'the wind' but no, we were right at the top of the site, so was still getting hit.. hey ho..

Sunday afternoon we just relaxed after setting up camp and walked into the village to eat in one of the pubs in the evening. Another windy night, our poor old awning really took a battering . Monday we were up bright and early and set off to find Arthur at the Castle.


More steps! this is from the top across to the other side, I forgot to take a pic before we set off up. but it involved steep tiny steps up the hillside. so worth it though.







then we found Arthur...





The views from the top were amazing


Then it was back down, we were lucky that we went early as coach loads were arriving and the ques to get in were huge.. we grabbed a quick drink in the cafe, then went onto the beach to find Merlins cave




We did find the cave, I just didn't take a pic!

Then it was a steep walk back up to the village.I wanted to visit the Old Post office


and junior wanted to go into Arthur's great hall


We grabbed a bite to eat and then went back to the van for a rest, my poor legs were all walked out!

It was a great day and well worth a visit if you are down that way, my advice would be too get there early if its summer , as by midday the castle was packed and the ques were horrendous.

The final part to our camping trip will be posted in the next day or 2 and I have to say the place we visited was magical..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...